Easy Cheesy Beef Enchiladas Recipe
recipe I would like to try:
|1||lb ground beef|
|1 (1 1/4||ounce) packet taco seasoning|
|12||large flour tortillas|
|1 (16||ounce) can refried beans|
|1 (11||ounce) can canned corn niblets|
| ||cheddar cheese or colby-monterey jack cheese|
|2 (10||ounce) cans red enchilada sauce|
| ||olives (optional)|
| ||salsa (optional)|
| ||cilantro (optional)|
| ||green onions (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet until brown.
- Add the taco seasoning and water (according to package instructions) and cook until beef is well coated, and sauce is thickened.
- Pour a bit of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13in pan and spread evenly.
- Set up an assembly line: Tortillas, refried beans, taco meat, corn, any of the above optional ingredients, and lastly cheese.
- Assemble enchiladas: Smear a line of refried beans from the top of the tortilla to the bottom, then top beans with the remaining assembly line items.
- Fold in the sides of the tortilla to close the enchilada, then place in pan, side by side, until pan is full (pan should hold 6 enchiladas).
- Top each enchilada with enchilada sauce, then cover with cheese, and optional ingredients, if desired.
- Place assembled enciladas into the oven and heat through.
- Repeat process to make the next batch.