Liquid / Gel Soap* 1 bar of grated soap (I used Dove because that is what I had)
* 4 c. water
* 4 T. glycerin
Mix ingredients together in a large pot or dutch oven. Set over low heat, stirring occasionally until the soap has dissolved. Transfer to a bottle.* For a less thick gel soap, use 1 gallon of water.
*I filled each bottle about 1/2 full, then added one drop of food coloring. I continued with filling the bottle. Once it was filled, I added a few drops of essential oil to each bottle.
The soap will thicken as it cools.
Liquid Hand Soap (I have not tried this recipe.)
1. Grate one bar of soap.
2. Place the grated soap and 1 c. boiling water in a blender and set it on "whip."
3. Add 1 T. honey and 1 t. glycerin and stir.
4. Cool the mixture for 15 to 20 minutes and whip again.
5. Add cold water to the mixture until you have 6 c.
6. Whip the mixture again.
7. Pour it into a storage container and let it cool. Do not place a lid on the container.
8. Fill a pump dispenser with the soap. Shake before using.