Chicken Packets (Oamc)SERVES 8 , 8 packets
|2||cups chopped cooked chicken|
|1 (6-8||ounce) package cream cheese, softened|
|1||tablespoon chives, chopped|
|1/2||cup seasoned croutons, crushed to crumbs|
|2 (8||ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls *see recipe*|
|1/4||cup melted margarine|
- Mix chicken, cream cheese, chives, milk, and salt in a medium bowl (mixing with hands works best) to make filling, and store in a 1 qt freezer bag.
- Put crouton crumbs in another 1 qt bag, attach it to bag of chicken filling, and freeze.
- Refrigerate crescent rolls.
- To prepare for serving, thaw chicken mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll crescent rolls.
- Each tube will contain 4 rectangles of dough with a diagonal perforation.
- Press dough along each perforation so the rectangle halves will not separate.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into the center of each rectangle.
- Fold dough over the filling, and pinch the edges to seal tightly.
- Dip each packet in melted margarine, and coat with crouton crumbs.
- Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Packets are good either hot or cold.