Pizza Roll-Ups (Oamc)A once a month recipe that is great for picnics or nights when the family has to eat in shifts. They can be eaten warm or cold.
24 Roll ups
|1||loaf frozen French bread dough or italian bread dough or all purpose bread dough|
|1||lb lean ground beef or turkey|
|2||cups grated part-skim mozzarella cheese|
|1||teaspoon Italian herb seasoning|
|1||tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped|
|4||cups italian tomato sauce|
- Thaw dough; roll it into 14 x 24-inch rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Brown ground beef or turkey; stir in remaining ingredients except Italian tomato xauce.
- Spoon filling evenly onto dough, slightly pressing filling into dough.
- Roll dough lengthwise like a jelly roll, and cut into 24 1-inch slices.
- Treat 2 rimmed cookie sheets with nonstick spray; lay slices on sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Let roll-ups sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool roll-ups and freeze in 4 1 gallon bags, 6 per bag.
- Slip a 1 quart bag with 1 cup sauce into each bag of pizza roll ups.
- To prepare, thaw roll-ups and warm them in a preheated 400°F oven for 10 minutes or put them frozen in the microwave; heat on high for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with warmed Italian tomato sauce.
I also used pepperoni instead of ground beef and it turned out perfect! These turn out so well and are perfect for keeping in the frezzer for a quick supper or snack. I can see these becoming a family favorite around here. I think that you could substitute other favorite pizza toppings as well. Thanks for this recipe!
The day I saw this recipe and a few others, I went out and bought all the ingredients. This will make my days alot less frantic (with my sometimes busy schedule).I rated this high because of the ease of preparing and it's easy to take out of the freezer and cook quickly. I have a growing boy and he likes this. I just substituted the meat for Pepperoni..since that is his favorite type pizza. Thanks for sharing it.