Summer Ideas...I thought I would post some summer ideas for children. The I'm bored always sets in at some point and why not combat it with a list of things to do.
- have a tea party
- Bubbles ~ always keep them on hand they are hours of fun Here is a recipe to make your own: Put 1 quart of water in a shallow tub.
Stir in 1/2 cup sugar until it dissolves. Add 1/2 cup dishwashing liquid and stir again. Use a slotted spoon or a fly swatter as a dipper, or for really large bubbles, cut the ends off a frozen juice can. Dip one end in the bubbles and blow through the other.
- teach your child to garden
- camp in the backyard
- create an obstacle course to play on ~ These obstacles are sure to delight you kids.
-Walking or hopping along a winding a garden hose.
-Crawling under lawn chairs.
-Balancing along a string.
-Walking with a ball between your knees.
-Add an oscillating sprinkler to any of the above!
Obstacle builders could be lawn furniture, a hose, string or rope, sprinkler, balls, water balloons, jump rope
Add movements like jumping, rolling etc. What fun!
- Tent time ~ put up a play tent for them to play in outside
- A Drive Inn if you have one ~ don't forget the blankets and snacks
- Make a summer scrapbook of what you do this summer
- Picnic at the park for dinner or lunch
- summer concerts
- visit a museum
- have a lemonade stand
- work on a puzzle together
- thrift shopping is always fun
- yard saling
- spray water parks are open now as well as why not just use your backyard sprinkler
- a trip to the library
- go out to get some ice cream
- water balloon fight
- browse a toy store on a hot day to get a break from the heat
- make milkshakes or smoothies
- end the day with a Popsicle to cool down
- play with sidewalk chalk
- make your own treasure hunt
- movie night in the afternoon to beat the hottest part of the day