How do you save money on food:I thought I would do a post on how I save money with food so that you can all comment and share how you save money on food.
- Cooking from scratch - I find it actually saves us money and it tastes a whole lot better. The initial start up with cooking from scratch is costly but in the end it is a great savings.
- Buying in bulk - I try to buy all our grains, beans, peas and such from a local bulk food store.
- Look for sales and mark downs on products you use - the key is on products you use if you don't normally use the item it really isn't a deal no matter how low it is priced. I find meat is marked down at most grocery stores local to me first thing in the morning and I tend to get some really good deals by heading out first thing and picking up some of the deals.
- Eating at home - this keeps our budget just for groceries and not eating out.
- Menu planning - knowing what we are eating during the week always helps keep us on track.
- We eat our leftovers the next day at lunch.
- Last but not least is coupons - I find ones for the products we use and combine them with sales to get them at the lowest possible price.