These are made a few times a week at our house... we love them....
These are wonderful-crispy outside and light and soft inside. I used melted apple sauce instead of oil, and 1c wheat flour instead of all white flour.
* 2 eggs
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 3/4 cups milk
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoon white sugar
* 4 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1. Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
2. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
These are really a favourite at our house, always requested for breakfast or lunch and even dinner sometimes. :)