May 17 - 21 - Theme "Community Helpers" and the "Letter C"I am so excited to do community helpers with the kids.
Make a map of the community and start labeling where all the community helpers can be found.
Make a list of community helpers and discuss how they help us.
- Garbage Truck craft (we will be using crayons to color the pieces and put them together to make a garbage truck)
- Go thru community helper picture book I made (print off pictures of community helpers and slip them into a photo album and go thru them with the kids asking if they know who the community helpers are)
- teach the kids Stop Drop and Roll - Fire safety
- color fire truck or fireman
- add fire hall to community map
- read Sparky story online
- Bake cookies in the shape of the letter C
- Color the letter C to look like a carrot
- add library to community map
- Take our teddy bear to the doctor
- Read Story: About going to the doctor
- add hospital to community map
- Doctor coloring page
- Make mailbox and letters for kids to deliver (we are recycling a large family size cereal box for this craft for the mailbox)
- add post office to community map
- Mailman coloring page