ShesConnected & Toshiba Brand Ambassador Mission-Checking out the Toshiba Thrive Tablet
I am thrilled to be one of the 44 Canadian women from ShesConnected taking part in the Toshiba Brand Ambassador program.
On Friday, December 9, 2011 with my husband and 7 year old daughter we headed into London, Ontario to our local Best Buy to check out the Toshiba Thrive Tablets. I will say that we do have quite a few Toshiba products at our house currently and we enjoy them a lot. (more about that later)
I want to say how much I love the android operating system. I have had an android based phone since they came out and I will not use anything else now. I can do so much with it, I definitely don't leave home with out it ever! Having said that being given the opportunity to further look at the Toshiba Thrive Tablet which operates on an Android 3.2, Honeycomb, a platform specifically designed and optimized for tablets, this super light device also dishes out a lightning-fast Web experience with full Adobe Flash support and unchained access to the Android Market was just the perfect product for me to review.
- The nVIDIA Tegra 250 processor and 1GB of RAM offer fast performance for all your basic tasks
- A spacious 10.1" high-res multi-touch widescreen display offers an HD view of your content, and lets you swipe, tap and touch to navigate it all
- Store files right on the 8GB internal memory or pop in a memory card to add even more not to mention that it has a USB connection so you can add an external hard drive
- An easily replaceable battery lets you keep going longer
- A 5MP rear-facing camera with autofocus lets you snap shots and record videos, while the 3MP front-facing camera makes it a cinch to video chat (I have used it on Skype)
- The built-in speaker lets you enjoy crisp audio or you can plug in with your favourite pair of headphones
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth make it easy to connect to a wireless network or hands-free peripherals (I use Wi-Fi all the time with mine)
- Easily find your way around town with GPS navigation capabilities
- A full-size SD card slot, mini USB and full-size USB 2.0 ports allow you to share content with your other devices, while HDMI lets you view your media on the big screen
- you can change the back cover to many different cool colours! My favourite is Lime.
Check out Toshiba Canada's Facebook page and Twitter page. Please use hashtag #ToshibaTablet to join in on the great conversations on Twitter.
*I am participating in the Toshiba Brand Ambassador program by ShesConnected. I received a Toshiba Camileo in exchange for my participation in this campaign. All opinions are honest and always my own*