I love Lemon #MoodieFoodie #G!veawaySobeys have come out with a cool iphone app that is based on your mood. Take a look at the video below to see how easy it is to use...
I was looking for something sour to perk up my taste buds. So I opened up the MoodieFoodie app and went to "Sour" and the most wonderful Lemon Squares popped up right before my eyes. See even saying it perks up my taste buds. The cool thing about this app is that you can save recipes that are a good match for you by hitting My Matches so you can find them easier.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 pkg Compliments Chopped Walnuts
1/4 cup icing sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
4 Compliments Organic Large Size Eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 8 in. (2 L) square baking pan and line with two rectangles of parchment paper; the paper should hang over the edges of the pan to create “handles.”
2. Combine flour, walnuts, icing sugar, cornstarch and salt in a food processor and pulse until blended. Add cubes of butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press evenly into prepared pan and bake on the middle rack for 25 min., until golden brown. Remove and reduce oven temperature to 325°F (160°C).
3. Meanwhile, lightly whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice, flour, vanilla and salt in a mixing bowl. Carefully pour custard over the warm crust and bake until set, about 25 min. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
4. Lift square out of the pan using the parchment paper handles, dust with icing sugar and cut into 16 pieces.
Do you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch? Then head on over to the App store to download this free app and give it a try yourself.
You are not left out if you don't have one of these devices, you can always head over to Sobeys at inspired.ca. PLUS Sobeys is offering one of my readers a $50 gift card.
- Each entry must be accomplished exactly as it is stated, including providing anything in the "Extra Info" field, for it to count.
- You can perform each entry type ONE TIME ONLY unless otherwise specified.
- If there is a "leave a comment" entry type, be sure the name you type in the comment's name field is EXACTLY the same as the name you use in the form (this is so I can verify your comment).
- Make sure to leave a VALID email address in the Rafflecopter's email field so I can contact you if you win (or ensure your Facebook account's primary email address is one I can contact you by).
- If you already follow/like me or the company via G+, Google Friend Connect, Twitter, Facebook, etc., that's okay–the entries still count.
- If contacted as the winner you have 24 hours to reply.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1, 2012 ~ 12:01 AM EST
Open to Canada ONLY
Disclosure: I received product to review for this post. The opinions given on this post are 100% my own.