File your Income Tax return online #giveawayWhy pull out your hair doing your income tax return when you can just do it online. H&R Block At Home, guides Canadians through step-by-step tips to identify every possible deduction or credit, calculates your return as you go, and ensures you get your maximum refund.
As the Canada Revenue Agency moves to reduce the number of tax forms mailed to Canadians this year, H&R Block at Home can make the transition to electronic filing painless. Built by the tax experts, the software provides step-by-step tips to identify every possible deduction or credit and ensures the maximum refund.
“Tax forms will still be available at Canada Post or Service Canada or you can request a tax package from the CRA this year, but you will not be mailed one automatically based on your filing last year,” explains Cleo Hamel, senior tax analyst, H&R Block Canada. “It seems like a small change, but it will reduce the amount of paper the CRA produces and it is meant to help encourage people to explore electronic filing options.”
“You may find comfort in the pen and paper ritual of tax forms but e-filing actually does reduce the chance of a data entry error once it arrives at the CRA. It may be worth exploring your options to see if this is the year to make a switch.”
Which is the Best Electronic Tax Filing Option for You?
For your 2012 tax return, H&R Block offers downloadable software and online tax filing – both of which provide easy to use guidance that ensures Canadians receive the maximum refund. Switching from another software product is easy since H&R Block At Home automatically imports data from previous years.
H&R Block At Home online features the following:
• Try for Free – Canadians can try H&R Block At Home for free by starting their return at https://hrblock.onlinetaxes.ca/hrbeng/login.aspx
• Free online filing – H&R Block helps thousands of Canadian taxpayers who earn less than $20,000 a year with free and secure online filing at http://hrblock.ca/services/ free_online_taxes.asp
• Maximum Refund Guarantee – or your tax preparation is free
• Simple to more complex – H&R Block At Home can prepare all kinds of personal returns including rental properties, commission income and self-employment income.
H&R Block At Home online costs $15.95 for the first return, $10 for the second and any additional returns are free. Like the downloadable version, the online product is certified for NETFILE by CRA, guarantees accuracy and helps Canadians get their tax refunds in as little as eight days.
For those who would prefer to keep their tax files on their own computer, Hamel suggests using a downloadable software package. Available at hrblock.ca for $29.99, this option allows users to prepare up to 16 personal tax returns of any type, including capital gains and losses, rental-property income, child-care expenses and multiple small business returns.
H&R Block At Home Tax downloadable software also offers the confidence and convenience of knowing that H&R Block is behind you the whole way with the added features of:
• Free Audit Assistance – Should you receive a review request from the CRA, H&R Block is behind you, as tax professionals can take care of the request and help with any further CRA correspondence.
• Free “Canadian Tax Tips for Dummies”: Download helpful pointers on how to reduce the tax you pay so you keep more of your money and find answers to the most common Canadian tax questions; and
• Free SOS online backup: Back up all your photos, documents and important computer files important files free for a year with the industry’s top rated backup solution, ensuring you are safe from hard drive failure, computer theft, and fire.
Regardless of how Canadians plan to file their taxes, Hamel notes that no one wants to pay more tax than they have to. “No matter how you prepare your return, you need to understand the tax changes that affect your situation and how to save the most in taxes. Do not wait until April 30 to begin.”
About H&R Block Canada
H&R Block Canada has been preparing taxes for more than 45 years and is Canada’s leading tax preparation firm. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, the company serves Canadian taxpayers in more than 1,100 offices across the country. H&R Block Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of H&R Block, Inc., a diversified company with subsidiaries providing a wide range of financial products and services. Additional information about H&R Block Canada is available at 1-800-HRBLOCK or visit www.hrblock.ca for more tax tips.
WIN one of three H&R Block at Home Online Tax Preparation Codes
- Each entry must be accomplished exactly as it is stated, including providing anything in the "Extra Info" field, for it to count.
- You can perform each entry type ONE TIME ONLY unless otherwise specified.
- If there is a "leave a comment" entry type, be sure the name you type in the comment's name field is EXACTLY the same as the name you use in the form (this is so I can verify your comment).
- Make sure to leave a VALID email address in the Rafflecopter's email field so I can contact you if you win (or ensure your Facebook account's primary email address is one I can contact you by).
- If you already follow/like me or the company via G+, Google Friend Connect, Twitter, Facebook, etc., that's okay–the entries still count.
- If contacted as the winner you have 24 hours to reply.
- Only ONE prize pack win per person
- Entry is via the Rafflecopter widget below.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2013 ~ 12:00 AM EST
Open to Canada ONLY