Tailgate Chili (video included) #WhatsCookingWednesdayYum
- 2 pounds ground meat
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cubes beef Bouillon
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (15 ounce) cans brown beans
- 1 Large can kidney beans (drained)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
Crumble the ground meat in a large stock pan. Drain off excess grease.
Add in onions, celery and peppers. Cook until soft.
Add in spices, stir to combine.
Last but not least add in the beans and tomatoes. Stir to blend and cover and simmer on low heat for 2 hours.
We like to make our Chili the night before so that all the flavours can combine very nicely making it very flavourful without being to spicy.
Serve in bowls or bread bowls as we did and top with some shredded cheese.
Here is the full video of What's Cooking Wednesday?
*** It's just my life... was supplied meat and cookware from www.ShopeaseFoods.com. The recipes, video and photos are my own. The opinions and comments on this blog are those of the author. ***