10 FREE FAMILY ACTIVITIES
Summer is fast approaching and with that comes spending time together as a family doing different activities. Those activities do not need to break the bank. They just need to bring the family together and create great memories that will last a lifetime.
|Photo credit - Stephanie Brown|
We are not a family who goes on lavish vacations any time of year and summer is no exception. I am going to share with you some budget friendly ideas to do with your family this summer that will not break the bank.
1. Picnic Time - Time to pack up the picnic basket with some sandwiches and salads and head to a local park to explore or even your own backyard. Remember to bring a ball to kick around with the whole family.
2. Campfire - You don't have to be camping to enjoy a campfire under the stars roasting marshmallows and hot dogs over the open fire.
3. Fishing - Get up early and grab your poles and head out to go fishing. See who can catch the most fish that day. Remember to check to see if you need a fishing license for the area you are fishing in.
4. Scavenger Hunt - Who doesn't love a good scavenger hunt? Make one up for your family or better yet call some friends to join in the fun and see what team finds everything first.
5. Hike - Put on some good footwear and head out to the trails for some adventure on the trails.
6. Beach - Pack some snacks and head to the beach for the afternoon. If the water isn't warm enough to swim in yet you can still build some sandcastles on the beach and skip some rocks on the water.
7. Rain - If mother nature wants to rain down for the day don't let that stop you from kicking off your shoes and heading outside to sing in the rain.
8. Bike - Time to oil the chain and dust off the seat to that bike sitting in your garage. Time to explore you own city or town by bike.
9. Festivals - I know most communities have festivals going on during the spring and summer so why not look up what your community has to offer in the way of festivals that are usually free to attend. Remember to bring something to eat and drink for everyone in the family or splurge on a special treat while you are at the festival.
10. Geocaching - This is a great fun and free family activity that allows you explore the area you are in. You don't need a GPS you can go geocaching with your smartphone/iphone and an app. Check out this site for all the details on how to get started geocaching.