10 USES FOR TEA TREE OILEssential oils have become a part of my every day life. I use them for everything and everyone in my house. As soon as someone comes down with any ailment I go to my trusty oils to see what I can use to help them. My family is so used to it now the first thing they ask is if I have anything that can help them.
I have noticed that one of my go to oils has been Tea Tree Oil or Melaleuca which has been around for a long time but it hasn't been until recently that people have realized its fullest potential.
I do not claim to be a medical professional and before doing any medical treatments you should consult your physician.
WARNINGS: Tea tree oil should not be swallowed. Avoid tea tree oil if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Keep tea tree oil out of the reach of children and pets. Tea Tree Oil should not be used on babies younger than 6 months.
I want to share with you 10 uses for Tea Tree Oil that I use all the time:
1. Acne: Add a drop to your normal cleansing routine or dab a very small amount on acne breakouts. You can also add 20 – 40 drops of the oil to your regular face wash.
2. Bronchitis: Add 1-2 drops to a pan of hot water and breath in the steam, or massage the oil over the chest.
3. Coughs: Use as directed for bronchial infections. For a vaporizer, add 10 drops to steamer and leave on 5 – 10 minutes.
4. Dandruff: Add 15 – 25 drops oil to any shampoo. Apply a few drops to scalp and massage after washing.
5. Gout: Add 10 drops of oil to 2 tbsp of carrier oil; massage into affected area 2-3 times a day.
6. Household Cleaning: Can be used aromatically or added to homemade cleaners to kill germs and prevent the spread of colds and flus. You can make a general tea tree cleaner by combining 15 drops tea tree oil with 2 cups of water in a spray bottle. I use this to clean my toilets all the time... I spray it in the toilet and add some baking soda and it leaves my toilet sparkling!
7. Laundry Helper: Add 10 drops to your load of towels to help prevent that musty smell.
8. Psoriasis: Add 10 drops oil to 1 tbsp carrier oil and massage into affected areas. Repeat 2-3 times daily to affected area.
9.Sore Throat: Add 2 drops of oil to 1 cup of warm water with pinch of sea salt, gargle 2-3 times a day. Do not swallow!
10. Toothbrush Cleaner: Apply oil directly to toothbrush 1-2 times a week to kill bacteria. Remember to rinse the brush really well before using.
WARNINGS: Tea tree oil should not be swallowed.Avoid tea tree oil if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Keep tea tree oil out of the reach of children and pets.