20 USES FOR COCONUT OIL
There has been a lot of hype about coconut oil for the last few years. If you haven't used coconut oil as a natural moisturizer then you are missing out. This post lists 20 different ways you can use Coconut Oil from beauty, cooking, skin care and hair care.
1. Moisturizer – Coconut oil is an excellent way to soften and hydrate dry, rough, or damaged skin simply scoop some out of the jar and apply all over your body, including neck and face.
2. Deodorant – coconut oil alone can be used as a deodorant, but even more effective in combination with cornstarch/arrowroot powder and baking soda.
3. Hair Conditioner/Deep Treatment - use as a leave-in hair conditioner by applying a teaspoon of coconut oil to your ends and then running your fingers through your hair to distribute the rest.
4. Chapstick – just rub a little onto your lips and it not only acts as a softening agent but it also has an SPF of about 4 so you get a little sun protection.
5. Body scrub – mix coconut oil and sugar together and rub all over! Rinse off and your skin will be super soft! You can add in essential oils if you would like a specific smell.
6. Skin problems – coconut oil relieves skin problems such as psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
7. Eczema – in addition to taking it internally, many have success applying it externally, some don't
8. Massage Oil - Coconut oil soothes tired and sore muscles.
9. Cradle Cap – Coconut oil is gentle and safe for infants and helps ease the itching, pain, redness, and flaking associated with cradle cap.
10. Oil/Butter Replacement - Use 1 cup to 1 cup ratio when replacing other oils/butter in recipes with coconut oil.
11. Smoothies - Add one tablespoon of coconut oil into your favorite smoothie recipe and increase your energy.
12. Popcorn Topping - Instead of butter, melt a little coconut oil and pour it over your popped popcorn.
13. Season Cast Iron Pans - “Seasoning” a cast iron pan is the act of creating a fatty layer that coats the pan, protects it, and also acts as a non-stick surface. Season with coconut oil the same as you would any other type of fat.
14. DIY Vapor Rub - I mix peppermint essential oil with coconut oil to make a vapor rub.
15. Insect Repellant - some people find that applying on coconut oil can help keep the bugs at bay.
16. Cracked Heels - coconut oil can help soften and smooth over that skin.
17. Snow Shovel - Snow can cling to your shovel be sure to rub a thin layer of coconut oil on the shovel so the snow slides right off.
18. Unstick a Zipper - Just rub a bit of coconut oil onto the zipper and it should unzip with ease.
19. Coconut Oil Pulling - To improve the health of your teeth try oil pulling every morning. Swish for 10 to 20 minutes and be sure to spit it into the garbage not the sink.
20. Diaper Rash Guard – When your baby experiences painful diaper rash, rub some coconut oil around the affected area to soothe.
Do you use Coconut Oil? If so, what do you use it for?