Banana Bread Recipe |(Video Included) #WhatsCookingWednesday
It is nearing the end of the week and the bananas you purchased when you went shopping at hte beginning of the week are getting ripe. I know in my house that means it is time to make some Banana Bread. The people in my household have been known to allow a few bananas to get really ripe so that I have no other option but to make banana bread. They think I haven't caught on to this.
I have been making this tried and true banana bread recipe for years. Trust me I have tried many recipes over the years. When it comes to baking I don't like a long list of ingredients and I like basic ingredients that I always have on hand. It really makes baking very convenient. Below I am sharing with you my families favourite recipe. I hope your family enjoys it as much as my family.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 to 4 mashed overripe bananas (medium)
2. Mix flour and baking soda together and set aside.
3. Cream butter and brown sugar then add beaten eggs and mashed bananas.
4. Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients until combined.
5. Put into a loaf pan. I have a larger loaf pan.
6. In my larger loaf pan in my oven it takes about 50 minutes to bake but time could vary depending on your oven just remember to insert a toothpick to make sure it is done.
Do the bananas that get to ripe in your house get made into Banana Bread? Do you have another family favourite recipe you always make that your family loves? Please share in the comments below.